Mr Andrew Lea
Pharmacy Practice and Undergraduate Senior Tutor
Medway School of Pharmacy
- +44 (0)1634 20 2954
Andrew qualified as a pharmacist in 1999 and has worked in community pharmacy since then. In addition to providing NHS pharmacy services in pharmacies throughout Kent, he has held managerial positions within leading community pharmacy chains. During 2006, he was the pharmacy representative on the PEC committee at Ashford PCT. Andrew joined the Medway School of Pharmacy in 2007 as a teacher practitioner and became a full time clinical lecturer in 2009.Andrew is currently module convener for the year 4 module; Preparing for Practice and is the lead for the Pre-registration Graduate Support Conference and associated study days. back to top
Andrew's research interests centre on supporting future and existing practitioners:
- The interpretation and implementation of supervision in the community pharmacy setting.
- The effects of environmental and other stressors on pharmacists' accuracy checking.
- How pharmacists implement learning from continuing professional development (CPD) in their daily practice.
- Maximising the effectiveness of delivery of the undergraduate pharmacy degree programme and pre-registration pharmacist training.
- Rodgers R, Dewsbury C, Lea A (2010) FastTrack: Law and Ethics in Pharmacy Practice. 1st Edition, Pharmaceutical Press: London
- Lea A (2011) Springboard Pre-registration Training Manual. 1st Edition, CMP Media: London